Immigration Attorneys in Maryland, D.C., VA & FL

Offices in Silver Spring, Langley Park, Baltimore, D.C., Manassas, Doral & Homestead

Call 24/7 for a Free Consultation Mon-Sat

(301) 585-8400 (Maryland)
(202) 891-7074 (D.C.)
(571) 552-4386 (VA)
(305) 922-9995 (FL)

Highly Experienced, Fair Fees


Credit Card

Residencia por visa G4



Maryland, D.C., Virginia & Florida Immigration Attorneys

Helping G-4 Visa Holders Obtain Green Cards

A G-4 visa is a visa for employees who work for international organizations and for the immediate family members of those employees.  These international organizations include foreign missions like consulates, embassies, NATO, and the United Nations.  While the G-4 visa is a non-immigrant visa, certain long-term international organization employees and any of their eligible family members may apply for a special immigrant status and obtain green cards, so long as the international organization continues to be recognized.

If you have lived and worked in the United States on a G-4 visa for a period of time and you are thinking of trying to obtain permanent resident status in the United States, it is important that you consult with an experienced Immigration Lawyer as soon as possible.  The attorneys at Sanabria & Associates are familiar with the immigration visa process, and they can help guide you and increase your chances for immigration success.


If you are a retired employee or a retired officer of a recognized international organization, you might be eligible to obtain a green card if, as a non-immigrant, (1) you’ve lived and been physically present in the United States for at least fifty percent of the time over the last seven years; (2) you have physically lived in the United States for at least a combined period of fifteen years before you retire; and (3) you filed your petition for special immigrant status no later than six months after you retired.

In addition, if you are the surviving spouse of a deceased employee or officer of a recognized international organization, you may also be eligible for a green card.  This eligibility depends, like the retired employee or officer, on the number of years you’ve physically lived in the United States, and the number of years you lived in the United States before your spouse passed away.  Unmarried children of former or current employees can also obtain green cards depending on the circumstances.

In all instances, when applying for permanent resident status, you must be admissible to the United States.  You will also be required to file certain forms and submit certain documentation.  It is important to check with an experienced Immigration Lawyer who is familiar with the immigration process to make sure that you can still work in the United States and travel to and from the United States while your application is pending.


Obtain Your Permanent Resident Status

If you have been living in the United States as an employee or family member of an employee of a recognized international organization, and you’ve lived in the United States for a number of years, then you might be able to obtain a green card.  The experienced Immigration Lawyers at Sanabria & Associates can help you determine whether your situation may qualify you to seek permanent resident status, and they can advise and guide you through the process of obtaining that status so as to ensure your best chances for a successful outcome. Contact Sanabria & Associates 24/7 via phone in Maryland at (301) 585-8400, D.C. at (202) 891-7074, Virginia at (571) 552-4386, or Florida at (305) 922-9995, or, via email for a free consultation or to schedule an office visit.

Call 24/7English and Español

Talk Directly to Our Immigration Lawyers

Our compassionate and experienced lawyers are ready to help you

8630 Fenton St.

Suite 1104

Silver Spring, MD 20910

(301) 585-8400

3315 Eastern Ave.

Suite 102

Baltimore, MD 21224

(443) 961-8161

20 S Charles St

Suite 902

Baltimore, MD 21201

(443) 961-8161

1021 University Blvd E

Suite B2

Langley Park, MD 20903

(240) 467-2104

3929 14th Street NW

Washington, DC 20011

(202) 891-7074

5525 Mapledale Plaza

Woodbridge, VA 22193

(571) 552-4386

7820 Sudley Rd

Suite 202

Mansassas, VA 20109

(571) 552-4386

9851 NW 58th ST

Unit 103

Doral, FL 33178

(305) 922-9995

174 NE 8th St.

Homestead, FL 33033

(754) 812-6197